This position is responsible for the following:
- Conduct training for project employees and consults with project supervisors to develop safe work plans for all project phases and tasks
- Review and update safety manual on a regular basis
- Enforce company and project specific safety and health programs as well as federal, state, and local safety standards
- Develop, coordinate, and implement company training including CPR, first-aid, and OSHA
- Assist project teams in identifying and planning for site specific safety issues
- Conduct regular safety inspections and recommend corrective actions
- Monitor the safety inspection process for the project team
- Oversee and ensure the safety of employees, subcontractors, and general public
- Maintain current safety records including safety performance
- Work closely with field supervision to plan more complex safety aspects of the project construction including critical lifts, hazardous material handling, trenching, electrical, etc.
- Coordinate with OSHA and be primary point of contact
- Safety and Health Bachelor’s Degree or related discipline is preferred
- Active Construction Health & Safety Technician (CHST)
- Active Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Associate Safety Professional (ASP)
- Proof of training/competency in managing crane, fall protection, excavation, scaffolds, and heavy equipment safety
- 7 or more years of construction safety experience.
- Must have both on-site project experience as well as experience managing a team through the safety planning process
- Good communication and effective listening
- Understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, MS Project, etc.
- Leadership, mentoring and training of others
- Experience with variety of project types and sizes