This position is responsible ensuring that the Company’s health, safety and environmental goals and initiatives are in compliance.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS will include the following:
- Interface with rig crew and monitors activities to promote safe operations.
- Assist rig management in fulfilment of required HSE mandates.
- Mentor personnel regarding HSE policies, procedures and standards to promote understanding and implementation consistent with Company goals and objectives.
- Mentor personnel regarding national and local HSE regulations associated with drilling operations.
- Work with Rig and HSE management to define HSE goals, priorities and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Facilitate and/or conduct safety meetings.
- Assist in preparation and review of Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and permits and review hazards and precautions with staff.
- Represent the Company’s HSE interests with client personnel.
- Support incident notification, investigation and reporting process to include root cause analysis.
- Participate in audits and inspections.
- Conduct visitor HSE inductions/orientations.
- Work with Division HSE Manager to develop training plans in accord with the Training Matrix as well as regulatory and client requirements.
- Support emergency response readiness training and drills.
- Review COACH, SWA and HAZID cards and enter them into the data management system.
- Track and report action items associated with incidents, audits and inspections.
- Maintain required documentation.
- As required, translate HSE documents.
- Adheres to all Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
POSITION SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have a High School diploma.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Should have at least 4 years of work experience in HSE and 2 years of work experience with a drilling contractor.
- Must possess an understanding of safe drilling operations, multinational work forces and the ability to observe/manage human and environmental risks associated with drilling and production.
- Understand, interpret and implement the Company’s policies, procedures and standards as well as national and local regulations.
- Recognized experience in safe systems of work (PTW, JSA, Personal Risk Assessment, and Root Cause Analysis) is beneficial.
- Must understand, interpret and implement applicable regulations within regulatory jurisdiction.
- Must be able to understand and work mathematical equations.
- Capacity to work effectively under pressure in ambiguous and complex situations.
- Ability to work independently with multiple people at many levels and work as part of a team.
- Professional relationship and interpersonal skills with strong customer service attitude.
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize and manage multiple requests from various avenues, and the ability to change direction in response to fluctuating circumstances.
- Must have excellent computer skills to include all MS Office products.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position may work in various locations – both in the U.S. and internationally. Some locations may be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladder/scaffolds, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.